Liz Ward has stepped into the role of head of education services at the SMSF Professionals’ Association of Australia (SPAA).
Ward will make the step up from her current role as education manager at SPAA.
The appointment was necessitated by the departure of former technical director Peter Burgess to AMP last month.
Former head of education Graeme Colley, who took over Burgess’s role as head of technical and policy standards, said Ward will take more of a leadership role in the education side of SPAA.
“We really want to expand our education into things like mortgage broking and practice management,” Colley told ifa.
SPAA is also looking to fill a new support role that will report to Colley and Ward, he added.
"That person will be responsible for the writing I used to do on the education side of things,” said Colley.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all