Liz Ward has stepped into the role of head of education services at the SMSF Professionals’ Association of Australia (SPAA).
Ward will make the step up from her current role as education manager at SPAA.
The appointment was necessitated by the departure of former technical director Peter Burgess to AMP last month.
Former head of education Graeme Colley, who took over Burgess’s role as head of technical and policy standards, said Ward will take more of a leadership role in the education side of SPAA.
“We really want to expand our education into things like mortgage broking and practice management,” Colley told ifa.
SPAA is also looking to fill a new support role that will report to Colley and Ward, he added.
"That person will be responsible for the writing I used to do on the education side of things,” said Colley.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Mar 2018Storm Financial directors finedBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Mar 2018Rethink the SOA, urges compliance expertBy Killian Plastow
- 22 Mar 2018AMP hires NAB corporate super GMBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Mar 2018FPA silent on latest FASEA guidanceBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 21 Mar 2018Former adviser at centre of ABC satire rowBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Mar 2018Nick Hakes to depart AFABy Aleks Vickovich
- view all