Liz Ward has stepped into the role of head of education services at the SMSF Professionals’ Association of Australia (SPAA).
Ward will make the step up from her current role as education manager at SPAA.
The appointment was necessitated by the departure of former technical director Peter Burgess to AMP last month.
Former head of education Graeme Colley, who took over Burgess’s role as head of technical and policy standards, said Ward will take more of a leadership role in the education side of SPAA.
“We really want to expand our education into things like mortgage broking and practice management,” Colley told ifa.
SPAA is also looking to fill a new support role that will report to Colley and Ward, he added.
"That person will be responsible for the writing I used to do on the education side of things,” said Colley.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 27 Jun 2017ASIC cracks down on s923A non-complianceBy Aleks Vickovich
- 27 Jun 2017GPS Wealth to be acquiredBy Aleks Vickovich
- 26 Jun 2017Former AMP adviser gets permanent banBy Staff Reporter
- 27 Jun 2017ABA demands rejection of state-based bank taxBy Staff Reporter
- 26 Jun 2017ASIC extends super SOA deadlineBy Staff Reporter
- 27 Jun 2017New Trilogy fund aims for retireesBy Staff Reporter
- view all