BT-aligned licensee Securitor has initiated a social media capability through which its advisers engage online with clients and the wider community.
Using social media tools Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn, the dealer group will help advisers to harness the power of the communicative technology to help them foster strong online relationships and provide information to current and prospective clients.
Securitor managing director Matt Englund said the new offering reflects the licensee’s advice philosophy.
“Our business is built on the value of community, connecting a community of like-minded professionals. For Securitor, social media is about cementing our adviser relationships, expanding our community of influence, and encouraging transparency by demonstrating the value of advice,” he said.
“I think many advisers have been wondering about social media and wanting to get involved, but have not known how,” said Englund.
“This has led to an ad hoc approach by both dealer groups and practices.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all