According to a ranking compiled by US employment search engine Career Cast, financial planning is the world’s fifth best job, based on a criteria of income, stress levels, outlook and work environment.
The report placed the overall score of the financial planning profession at 159, scoring 19 points out of 100 for stress, 32 points out of 100 for hiring outlook and 49 out of 100 for positive work environment.
The average salary was listed as US$107,222 (AU$104,568), which was higher than the other top four jobs, which were actuary (1), biomedical engineer (2), software engineer (3) and audiologist (4).
Meanwhile, journalists fared less well, with ‘newspaper reporter’ attaining the bottom ranking of 200, below ‘bartender’, ‘lumberjack’ and ‘maid’.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2017CFS launches adviser toolsBy Staff Reporter
- 24 May 2017Industry fund consumer satisfaction declinesBy Staff Reporter
- 24 May 2017Advice unaffordable for families, says insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 24 May 2017Focus rules out insto acquisitionsBy Aleks Vickovich
- 24 May 2017'General advice' provider gets AFSL suspensionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 May 2017AFA/ANZ accepting Rising Star nominationsBy Staff Reporter
- view all