Suncorp dealer group Guardian Advice has announced a strategic partnership with Zurich Australia, which becomes the sixth insurance product provider on Guardian’s Preferred Partner Panel.
The move is also designed to add mobile technology solutions and social media to Guardian’s advice offer, the group stated.
Guardian Advice head Simon Harris said he was delighted with the move.
“Zurich gives Guardian another strong, industry-leading and uniquely different risk product provider to enable us to offer advisers the absolute breadth and choice in product, technology and service that they and their customers deserve,” he said.
Referring to the improved mobile technology aspect of the deal, Harris said being this close to Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) reform implementation is an opportune time to think about increasing business efficiency in advice practices.
Advisers are increasingly seeking new ways to ensure they have enough time for client engagement, while still meeting all of the advice requirements that the FOFA legislation requires, he said.
“One of the obvious ways Guardian can facilitate more robust compliance amongst advisers is by helping them to harness new technologies and social media, in particular through mobile technologies,” Harris stated.
Zurich’s general manager for retail life and investments, Phil Kewin, said Zurich’s adviser research had highlighted the importance of them becoming more efficient. Mobile technology and new media plays a central role in driving that efficiency, he added.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 26 May 2017IOOF breakaway group sets up AFSLBy Aleks Vickovich
- 26 May 2017Midwinter launches new calculator for advisersBy Staff Reporter
- 26 May 2017IOOF announces new online trading functionalityBy Staff Reporter
- 26 May 2017Australia beats global average for financial literacyBy Staff Reporter
- 25 May 2017AMP looks to salaried channel for revenueBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- 25 May 2017ASIC commissioner reappointedBy Staff Reporter
- view all