MLC has announced the release of its MLC MasterKey Investment Protection Simulator, which it says will help advisers prepare clients for retirement.
The online tool allows advisers to plug in details to simulate how a client’s nest egg will fare in both upside and downside markets.
It will factor in superannuation contributions and retirement goals, and advisers can add in market shocks to help stress test clients’ retirement savings or income under different scenarios, MLC stated.
“Our new tool gives a visual representation to clients of exactly what retirement risks can do to their life savings,” said MLC retirement solutions general manager Andrew Barnett.
“Advisers know retirement outcomes can vary significantly due to risks such as longevity risk, sequence risk, market risk and timing risk. However, it’s often hard to clearly describe this to clients in a way that also demonstrates the importance of setting retirement strategies including risk mitigation,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all