Securitor has announced a new app for advisers that has so far been downloaded more than 300 times.
The Securitor Facts and Figures app will provide a reference point for advisers regarding current tax, superannuation, retirement and social security rates and thresholds relevant to financial planning strategies, the group says.
Securitor and Licensee Select’s head of offer Dave McNeill told ifa the app, which is replacing Securitor’s annually published booklet, is necessary to increase adviser efficiency and productivity.
“The benefit of the app is that content can be presented more clearly and is more accessible. It provides much more flexibility for advisers," he said.
“We wanted to make it easier to find information. The elements that are included in the app are the core reference material for advisers doing day to day work. The benefit is functionality, so advisers aren’t wasting time looking for material which can go straight towards helping the client.”
Mr McNeill says in the Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) regime, immediate and current information is expected. However, he says the company has always focussed on improving productivity for its network of advisers.
“We’re very much focussed on the needs of the practice owner," he said. "We want to produce sound underlying systems and processes. This app focuses on the client and being able to access information quickly."
Mr McNeill says the app has been downloaded 300 times. According to Securitor, there are over 450 advisers and 240 practices in the network. Securitor plans to continue working with similar technologies.
“We’re exploring a number of areas around social media," he said. "Over the next few months we will be releasing more in terms of social media strategy and will provide more guidance for advisers to help them feel more comfortable dealing in the online world.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all