Mature-age workplace specialists SageCo have found there is increasing demand for professional financial advice from the ‘mature women’ demographic.
In a blog post published yesterday, the specialist firm lists “financial security” among the top priorities of the generation of women leaving the workforce and beginning the process of retirement planning.
“Mature women want financial security,” the post said. “Many women have been disadvantaged with retirement savings.”
Beyond these broad financial goals, the post also indicated opportunities for professional financial planners.
“Tailored, focused financial advice for mature women is imperative,” it said.
Commenting on the blog post, Keith Peel, Commonwealth Bank's head of best practice for financial advice and funds management, said it indicated a “fantastic market for advisers”.
“Empowered and aspirational mature women want financial advice for their needs and they're committed to their financial and life success,” he said in a LinkedIn post.
“How valuable could you be to them in that quest?”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Feb 2019KeyInvest reduces administration feeBy Reporter
- 22 Feb 2019ASIC praises new whistleblower lawsBy James Mitchell
- 22 Feb 2019AFA scorns Labor plan to end grandfatheringBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019Paragem appoints new general managerBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Feb 2019CountPlus announces $2.6m profit, makes key acquisitionBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019NAB CEO given $1m payoutBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all