Non-aligned financial planning group Futuro Financial Services has appointed two senior staff following the significant growth of the business.
Mark Prestige has been appointed associate director, with responsibility for expanding Futuro’s existing businesses in Victoria and the state’s network as a whole.
Mr Prestige, who most recently was network development management at Infocus Wealth Management, has extensive experience in establishing national distribution networks, succession planning and joint ventures.
He has also held network management roles at ING Group Australia and Westpac.
Meanwhile, Christopher Hirst has been hired as Futuro’s national manager of compliance.
He is responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of the group’s compliance program, advice policies, documents, procedures and tools, in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
Mr Hirst held similar roles with Professional Investment Services and also as a planner and corporate banker with Suncorp Metway.
Futuro’s managing director, Dennis Bashford, said: “By appointing experienced people to our team, we will be able to maintain a high level of support to our current national network of planners to ensure capacity for future growth.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018Hayne commission driving adviser tech shiftBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018InvestSMART launches maxed feesBy Sarah Simpkins
- 13 Nov 2018Advice demand soaring despite reputation hitBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018Former premier, advisers sound alarm on sex discriminationBy James Mitchell
- view all