Non-aligned financial planning group Futuro Financial Services has appointed two senior staff following the significant growth of the business.
Mark Prestige has been appointed associate director, with responsibility for expanding Futuro’s existing businesses in Victoria and the state’s network as a whole.
Mr Prestige, who most recently was network development management at Infocus Wealth Management, has extensive experience in establishing national distribution networks, succession planning and joint ventures.
He has also held network management roles at ING Group Australia and Westpac.
Meanwhile, Christopher Hirst has been hired as Futuro’s national manager of compliance.
He is responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of the group’s compliance program, advice policies, documents, procedures and tools, in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
Mr Hirst held similar roles with Professional Investment Services and also as a planner and corporate banker with Suncorp Metway.
Futuro’s managing director, Dennis Bashford, said: “By appointing experienced people to our team, we will be able to maintain a high level of support to our current national network of planners to ensure capacity for future growth.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- view all