Sentry Financial Group has announced that experienced adviser and investor relations professional Danny Maher will join the company in the new role of head of marketing & wealth protection manager from Monday 11 February.
Maher will perform a number of roles within the organisation, focusing on implementing marketing programs to attract advisers to the dealer group and building its life insurance and wealth protection businesses.
He joins the company from Financial Planning Services Australia (FPSA) where he was general manager of advice, assisting the company to attract and retain a network of affiliated advisers and managing compliance matters.
Prior to his role at FPSA, Maher was national sales manager at Tower Australia, responsible for production and adviser relations. He currently sits on the conference committee of the Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) and is a partner at Lakeview Consulting.
Commenting on the move, Sentry chairman and managing director Murray Hills said the new recruit displayed desirable leadership and commercial skills.
“Danny Maher has an excellent reputation as a financial services professional and has successfully implemented, delivered and managed distribution, marketing and recruitment programs,” Hills said.
“The appointment…is a significant milestone for Sentry,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Sep 2017Managed Accounts Holdings in M&A playBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 Sep 2017Client engagement driven by language: IOOFBy Staff Reporter
- 25 Sep 2017Major banks ditch ATM feesBy Staff Reporter
- 25 Sep 2017IRESS announces $2m RegTech investmentBy Tim Stewart and Killian Plastow
- 25 Sep 2017Adviser equity key to best practiceBy Aleks Vickovich and Tim Stewart
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans unlicensed SMSF spruikerBy Staff Reporter
- view all