Sentry Financial Group has announced that experienced adviser and investor relations professional Danny Maher will join the company in the new role of head of marketing & wealth protection manager from Monday 11 February.
Maher will perform a number of roles within the organisation, focusing on implementing marketing programs to attract advisers to the dealer group and building its life insurance and wealth protection businesses.
He joins the company from Financial Planning Services Australia (FPSA) where he was general manager of advice, assisting the company to attract and retain a network of affiliated advisers and managing compliance matters.
Prior to his role at FPSA, Maher was national sales manager at Tower Australia, responsible for production and adviser relations. He currently sits on the conference committee of the Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) and is a partner at Lakeview Consulting.
Commenting on the move, Sentry chairman and managing director Murray Hills said the new recruit displayed desirable leadership and commercial skills.
“Danny Maher has an excellent reputation as a financial services professional and has successfully implemented, delivered and managed distribution, marketing and recruitment programs,” Hills said.
“The appointment…is a significant milestone for Sentry,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Jan 2019Former Dover and Synchron adviser banned for five yearsBy Eliot Hastie
- 24 Jan 2019Very few Australians save and even fewer invest their moneyBy Reporter
- 24 Jan 2019Advisers undercharging clients for efforts, says CEOBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- view all