Australian Unity Investments (AUI) has recruited former financial adviser Shaun Thomas as its new business development manager for operations in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory.
Prior to his career in business development and client relationship management, Mr Thomas worked as a financial adviser at Australian Financial Services.
AUI national manager for adviser distribution Michelle Hanger said his experience as an adviser and contacts from his planning days will be invaluable in his new role.
"AUI continues to grow within the NSW and ACT region and Shaun has the experience and the skills to further enhance our distribution capabilities and reach," said.
"We are particularly pleased to have recruited someone of his calibre and background to the role," Ms Hanger said.
Mr Thomas joins AUI from HSBC Global Asset Management, where he was responsible for key accounts and research relationships.
Before joining HSBC, he had similar stints in the business development departments of Macquarie Funds Group, St George Margin Lending and Commsec.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers’ interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all