Australian Unity Investments (AUI) has recruited former financial adviser Shaun Thomas as its new business development manager for operations in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory.
Prior to his career in business development and client relationship management, Mr Thomas worked as a financial adviser at Australian Financial Services.
AUI national manager for adviser distribution Michelle Hanger said his experience as an adviser and contacts from his planning days will be invaluable in his new role.
"AUI continues to grow within the NSW and ACT region and Shaun has the experience and the skills to further enhance our distribution capabilities and reach," said.
"We are particularly pleased to have recruited someone of his calibre and background to the role," Ms Hanger said.
Mr Thomas joins AUI from HSBC Global Asset Management, where he was responsible for key accounts and research relationships.
Before joining HSBC, he had similar stints in the business development departments of Macquarie Funds Group, St George Margin Lending and Commsec.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 26 Jun 2017ASIC extends super SOA deadlineBy Staff Reporter
- 26 Jun 2017CPA CEO receives $4.9m parachuteBy Aleks Vickovich
- 26 Jun 2017Countplus adds new member to boardBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Jun 2017ASIC bans former Suncorp financial adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Jun 2017CommInsure cuts retail distribution teamBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Jun 2017Clearview firm picks up 'Licensee of the Year'By Staff Reporter
- view all