Australian Unity Investments (AUI) has recruited former financial adviser Shaun Thomas as its new business development manager for operations in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory.
Prior to his career in business development and client relationship management, Mr Thomas worked as a financial adviser at Australian Financial Services.
AUI national manager for adviser distribution Michelle Hanger said his experience as an adviser and contacts from his planning days will be invaluable in his new role.
"AUI continues to grow within the NSW and ACT region and Shaun has the experience and the skills to further enhance our distribution capabilities and reach," said.
"We are particularly pleased to have recruited someone of his calibre and background to the role," Ms Hanger said.
Mr Thomas joins AUI from HSBC Global Asset Management, where he was responsible for key accounts and research relationships.
Before joining HSBC, he had similar stints in the business development departments of Macquarie Funds Group, St George Margin Lending and Commsec.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Oct 2018Synchron launches app for adviser developmentBy Reporter
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- view all