Australian Unity Investments (AUI) has recruited former financial adviser Shaun Thomas as its new business development manager for operations in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory.
Prior to his career in business development and client relationship management, Mr Thomas worked as a financial adviser at Australian Financial Services.
AUI national manager for adviser distribution Michelle Hanger said his experience as an adviser and contacts from his planning days will be invaluable in his new role.
"AUI continues to grow within the NSW and ACT region and Shaun has the experience and the skills to further enhance our distribution capabilities and reach," said.
"We are particularly pleased to have recruited someone of his calibre and background to the role," Ms Hanger said.
Mr Thomas joins AUI from HSBC Global Asset Management, where he was responsible for key accounts and research relationships.
Before joining HSBC, he had similar stints in the business development departments of Macquarie Funds Group, St George Margin Lending and Commsec.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Dec 2018FASEA names provider for adviser examBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Dec 2018Former Liberal leader to join Crescent boardBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- view all