Life insurer AIA Australia has hired from within its own ranks and appointed a new chief group insurance officer.
Stephanie Phillips has been appointed permanently to the role after acting in the position since June 2015.
Ms Phillips will be responsible for distribution, product, pricing and the insurer's group insurance operations across Australia.
Joining AIA in November 2009, Ms Phillips has worked in several roles within the business' group insurance division.
These included three years with the corporate solutions team in Hong Kong and a number of consulting roles, both in Hong Kong and Australia.
Ms Phillips has also held the role of head of group operations and head of group distribution.
Prior to joining AIA Australia, Ms Phillips worked with HESTA, Superpartners and ANZ's OnePath.
AIA chief executive Damien Mu said Ms Phillips has been an "asset to the company" and achieved some "significant milestones" in her role as acting chief group insurance officer.
“Importantly, she provides the team, our clients and our partners with not only the experience required to deliver on the strategic goals of the business, but also good stability and continuity as she has already been acting in the role over the past three months,” he said.
Ms Phillips is also a member of the AIA Australia executive committee and will report directly to Mr Mu.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all