Life insurer AIA Australia has hired from within its own ranks and appointed a new chief group insurance officer.
Stephanie Phillips has been appointed permanently to the role after acting in the position since June 2015.
Ms Phillips will be responsible for distribution, product, pricing and the insurer's group insurance operations across Australia.
Joining AIA in November 2009, Ms Phillips has worked in several roles within the business' group insurance division.
These included three years with the corporate solutions team in Hong Kong and a number of consulting roles, both in Hong Kong and Australia.
Ms Phillips has also held the role of head of group operations and head of group distribution.
Prior to joining AIA Australia, Ms Phillips worked with HESTA, Superpartners and ANZ's OnePath.
AIA chief executive Damien Mu said Ms Phillips has been an "asset to the company" and achieved some "significant milestones" in her role as acting chief group insurance officer.
“Importantly, she provides the team, our clients and our partners with not only the experience required to deliver on the strategic goals of the business, but also good stability and continuity as she has already been acting in the role over the past three months,” he said.
Ms Phillips is also a member of the AIA Australia executive committee and will report directly to Mr Mu.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Netwealth recruits former BT managerBy Reporter
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- view all