In response to the impending transition of the life insurance industry to the Life Insurance Framework, AIA Australia has bolstered its distribution team with the addition of five new members who include former members of TAL, Zurich and BT.
The insurer has named Josh Lawrence, a former TAL business development manager, and former BT business development officer Simon Bennett as new client development managers (CDMs) for NSW.
Additionally, AIA has appointed former adviser and Zurich BDM Reon Botha to the role of senior CDM in Western Australia.
Joining Mr Botha in the role of CDM is former Zurich BDM for life risk and general insurance, Johnny Ng.
Also joining the insurer's WA business is former BT Financial senior underwriter Deborah Clayton-Ford who will take up the role of state underwriting and operations manager.
AIA has also named Bruno Santos as a part of the distribution team as senior CDM in Queensland, following the recent promotion of Matthew Wakefield to national key account manager.
Commenting on the appointments, AIA chief retail insurance officer Pina Sciarrone said they are a "reflection of the changing dynamics of the insurance industry".
"We recognise that advisers play a crucial role in providing access to quality, affordable and independent insurance advice for all Australians, and are vital to our success as a business," Ms Sciarrone said.
"We also recognise that when it comes to a long-term approach to the reforms, we believe a partnership approach between insurers and advisers is paramount.
"The new appointments reflect our commitment to assist advisers to grow their revenue streams and retain clients in this environment," she said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all