The Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) along with founding partner Asia Insurance Review has given awards to AIA and BT at its 12th annual awards event.
Announcing the winners in Sydney last week, AIA Australia was named Life Insurer of the Year.
BT won two awards, with the company picking up the Youth Development Employer of the year, while the company's senior product technical manager, Katherine Ashby, was awarded the Youth Development Employer of the Year and the Young Insurance Professional award.
AIA chief executive Damien Mu said the recognition of his firm “validates our commitment to continuous improvement, innovation and delivery on our promise which we strive for at AIA Australia and we’re very humbled by it”.
“As an independent life insurer we would also like to acknowledge our superannuation, corporate and financial advice partners that make such an award possible for us,” he said.
Ms Ashby, meanwhile, said “it is an incredible honour” to be recognised by the industry.
“Insurance, particularly life insurance, is all or nothing. We’re in a privileged position to make an enormous difference in people’s lives,” Ms Ashby said.
“The words that are used by claimants like dignity, relief and peace of mind describe the vital function that we perform."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all