AIA Australia has appointed a former Zurich national strategic account manager as the new head of strategic partnerships.
Kristen Lennis-Harvey, formerly of life insurer Zurich, has been appointed to role where she will be responsible for managing AIA Australia’s relationships with licensees, aggregators and platforms.
Ms Lennis-Harvey has over 19 years’ experience in financial services and joins the life insurer from her most recent role with Zurich, where she was the national strategic account manager.
Prior to working with Zurich, Ms Lennis-Harvey - according to her LinkedIn profile - has also held roles with CommInsure and National Australia Bank.
This appointment also follows the recent addition of Melissa Crawford, a former life insurance specialist consultant, to the new role of distribution strategy manager.
These external hires are supported by two internal promotions for Matthew Wakefield and Jeremy Bernardi, who also join the strategic partnerships team.
Mr Wakefield will take on the role of key account manager, overseeing a number of AIA Australia’s strategic licensee partners, while Mr Bernardi becomes key account manager for platforms and licensees, increasing the focus on the use of platforms in life insurance.
AIA Australia chief retail insurance officer Pina Sciarrone said the changes to the team come at an ideal time for the business as it continues its growth trajectory in the Australian life insurance market.
“At AIA Australia we understand that with the latest reforms to life insurance, advisers and licensees are facing a difficult change that affects the viability of their business, so by boosting our team with more experience we can better support our partners in future,” she said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018War with Dover ‘destroyed me’, says ex-adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018Macquarie adds Insight fund to platformBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- view all