MetLife insurance has appointed a former CommInsure executive to the newly created role as head of individual insurance.
Gary Bailison has been appointed to the role having previously worked with CommInsure as the head of retail advice product and pricing.
The creation of Mr Bailison’s role signifies the insurer’s commitment to establishing a stronger presence in the individual insurance sector, a statement from MetLife said.
Along with Mr Bailison, MetLife also appointed Andrew Hosie as wellbeing stream lead.
Mr Hosie previously worked for Sydney Trains/RailCorp where he was responsible for developing preventative health management programs and implementing strategies to improve the health and safety of the company.
Both Mr Bailison and Mr Hosie’s appointments follow the appointment of former ANZ Wealth employee Maria Crocker last month.
Commenting on the appointments, MetLife Australia chief product and marketing officer Tim Tez said they will drive growth in that is “integral” to its business.
“Maria will drive innovation in our products and services in the group market while Gary’s expertise and track record in product development will be a welcome contribution as the individual insurance market becomes increasingly important to MetLife in Australia,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Feb 2019ASIC probe finds widespread inappropriate advice at HSBCBy James Mitchell
- 20 Feb 2019IOOF profit up, advice margins downBy Sarah Simpkins
- 20 Feb 2019SMSF accountant enters EU with ASICBy Miranda Brownlee
- 20 Feb 2019Netwealth sees silver lining in Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- view all