MetLife insurance has appointed a former CommInsure executive to the newly created role as head of individual insurance.
Gary Bailison has been appointed to the role having previously worked with CommInsure as the head of retail advice product and pricing.
The creation of Mr Bailison’s role signifies the insurer’s commitment to establishing a stronger presence in the individual insurance sector, a statement from MetLife said.
Along with Mr Bailison, MetLife also appointed Andrew Hosie as wellbeing stream lead.
Mr Hosie previously worked for Sydney Trains/RailCorp where he was responsible for developing preventative health management programs and implementing strategies to improve the health and safety of the company.
Both Mr Bailison and Mr Hosie’s appointments follow the appointment of former ANZ Wealth employee Maria Crocker last month.
Commenting on the appointments, MetLife Australia chief product and marketing officer Tim Tez said they will drive growth in that is “integral” to its business.
“Maria will drive innovation in our products and services in the group market while Gary’s expertise and track record in product development will be a welcome contribution as the individual insurance market becomes increasingly important to MetLife in Australia,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Dec 2018Advice bodies reach code monitoring agreementBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Court lays charges against former Sydney adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Dec 2018Fiducian buys Vic financial planning businessBy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Dec 2018ASIC permanently bans Victorian adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Melbourne-based dealer group loses AFSLBy James Mitchell
- 18 Dec 2018AFA appoints new chair of women advocacy bodyBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all