MetLife insurance has appointed a former CommInsure executive to the newly created role as head of individual insurance.
Gary Bailison has been appointed to the role having previously worked with CommInsure as the head of retail advice product and pricing.
The creation of Mr Bailison’s role signifies the insurer’s commitment to establishing a stronger presence in the individual insurance sector, a statement from MetLife said.
Along with Mr Bailison, MetLife also appointed Andrew Hosie as wellbeing stream lead.
Mr Hosie previously worked for Sydney Trains/RailCorp where he was responsible for developing preventative health management programs and implementing strategies to improve the health and safety of the company.
Both Mr Bailison and Mr Hosie’s appointments follow the appointment of former ANZ Wealth employee Maria Crocker last month.
Commenting on the appointments, MetLife Australia chief product and marketing officer Tim Tez said they will drive growth in that is “integral” to its business.
“Maria will drive innovation in our products and services in the group market while Gary’s expertise and track record in product development will be a welcome contribution as the individual insurance market becomes increasingly important to MetLife in Australia,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS required no proof for service fees, RC hearsBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- view all