The AFA’s Life Insurance Roadshow – due to kick off later this month – will explore the challenges and opportunities arising from the Life Insurance Framework.
The event – called “Facing into transition” – will also help advisers prepare for the changes to come, according to a statement by the AFA.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said the roadshow is the AFA’s “next step” toward helping advisers address the framework.
“Advisers have told us that they need support to adapt to the proposed changes. They want the opportunity to workshop how to most successfully use hybrid commissions, how to help clients accept a separate advice fee, perhaps alongside a commission, and how to deal with the three-year clawback danger,” he said.
The roadshow will kick off in Hobart on 25 August and travel to all major capital cities, the statement said.
It will feature keynote speaker PJ Byrne, a finalist for the 2014 AFA’s Adviser of the Year award, who will share his own experiences about his recent transition from upfront commissions to hybrid commission plus a fee.
Risk advice “legend” Russell Collins will also talk about how to reduce the risk of the three-year clawback.
In addition, Elixir Consulting’s Sue Viskovic and organisational psychologist David Peake will also participate in the event.
“The workshop event will conclude with an interactive Q&A session with the panel of experts and a senior representative from each of the roadshow partners – AIA, TAL and Zurich – who are all supporting advisers by partnering with the AFA on the roadshow,” the statement said.
For more information on the Life Insurance Roadshow, and to register, visit the AFA website.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all