The AFA’s Life Insurance Roadshow – due to kick off later this month – will explore the challenges and opportunities arising from the Life Insurance Framework.
The event – called “Facing into transition” – will also help advisers prepare for the changes to come, according to a statement by the AFA.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said the roadshow is the AFA’s “next step” toward helping advisers address the framework.
“Advisers have told us that they need support to adapt to the proposed changes. They want the opportunity to workshop how to most successfully use hybrid commissions, how to help clients accept a separate advice fee, perhaps alongside a commission, and how to deal with the three-year clawback danger,” he said.
The roadshow will kick off in Hobart on 25 August and travel to all major capital cities, the statement said.
It will feature keynote speaker PJ Byrne, a finalist for the 2014 AFA’s Adviser of the Year award, who will share his own experiences about his recent transition from upfront commissions to hybrid commission plus a fee.
Risk advice “legend” Russell Collins will also talk about how to reduce the risk of the three-year clawback.
In addition, Elixir Consulting’s Sue Viskovic and organisational psychologist David Peake will also participate in the event.
“The workshop event will conclude with an interactive Q&A session with the panel of experts and a senior representative from each of the roadshow partners – AIA, TAL and Zurich – who are all supporting advisers by partnering with the AFA on the roadshow,” the statement said.
For more information on the Life Insurance Roadshow, and to register, visit the AFA website.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018War with Dover ‘destroyed me’, says ex-adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018Macquarie adds Insight fund to platformBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- view all