The AFA’s Life Insurance Roadshow – due to kick off later this month – will explore the challenges and opportunities arising from the Life Insurance Framework.
The event – called “Facing into transition” – will also help advisers prepare for the changes to come, according to a statement by the AFA.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said the roadshow is the AFA’s “next step” toward helping advisers address the framework.
“Advisers have told us that they need support to adapt to the proposed changes. They want the opportunity to workshop how to most successfully use hybrid commissions, how to help clients accept a separate advice fee, perhaps alongside a commission, and how to deal with the three-year clawback danger,” he said.
The roadshow will kick off in Hobart on 25 August and travel to all major capital cities, the statement said.
It will feature keynote speaker PJ Byrne, a finalist for the 2014 AFA’s Adviser of the Year award, who will share his own experiences about his recent transition from upfront commissions to hybrid commission plus a fee.
Risk advice “legend” Russell Collins will also talk about how to reduce the risk of the three-year clawback.
In addition, Elixir Consulting’s Sue Viskovic and organisational psychologist David Peake will also participate in the event.
“The workshop event will conclude with an interactive Q&A session with the panel of experts and a senior representative from each of the roadshow partners – AIA, TAL and Zurich – who are all supporting advisers by partnering with the AFA on the roadshow,” the statement said.
For more information on the Life Insurance Roadshow, and to register, visit the AFA website.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Dec 2018AMP challenged by ASIC on fees for service conductBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Dec 2018FASEA names provider for adviser examBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Dec 2018Former Liberal leader to join Crescent boardBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- view all