Suncorp Life has recorded a 35.9 per cent increase it is net profit after tax for the year ending 30 June 2015.
Posting its results on the ASX today, Suncorp Group said its life insurance business had recorded a net profit after tax of $125 million, a 35.9 per cent increase on the previous year and an underlying net profit after tax of $113 million.
This result was attributed to positive claims and lapse experiences throughout the year and a focus on cost control with operating expenses down 7.3 per cent, according to a statement from Suncorp.
Suncorp’s insurance business also saw annual in-force premiums increase to $970 million, with total in-force premiums up 6.5 per cent.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Apr 2018Neil Rogan departs CenturiaBy Reporter
- 23 Apr 2018Banks should foot RC bill: HansonBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Apr 2018AMP admits keeping Dover in darkBy Killian Plastow and Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Apr 2018AMP facing shareholder class actionBy Reporter
- 23 Apr 2018ANZ concedes ‘unacceptable’ adviser monitoringBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Apr 2018FSC backs stronger misconduct penaltiesBy Reporter
- view all