Two risk advice specialists have been recognised for the work they do and have been named as finalists in the 2015 ifa Excellence Awards category 'Risk Adviser of the Year'.
Earlier this week, publisher of Risk Adviser's sister title ifa, Russell Stephenson, in conjunction with principal partner Colonial First State, announced the finalists in each category of the awards, which recognise Australia's top independent and non-aligned advice practitioners and businesses.
Among the finalists were non institutionally-aligned risk advisers Aaron Zelman of MediBroker and Adrian Loadsman of MEDIQ, with both being named in the category 'Risk Adviser of the Year'.
Mr Zelman told Risk Adviser that after the industry had been experiencing so much negativity, an award that recognises excellence in risk advice is a "fantastic development".
"The award motivates businesses such as mine to find ways of being more client-centric than the status quo would require," he said.
"My hope is that other advisers will find risk advice to be as fulfilling and rewarding as I have and that our specialty actually flourishes in the future."
Mr Stephenson congratulated all the finalists of this year's ifa Excellence Awards.
"We have had a record number of submissions for the awards, indicating the growing strength of the independent sector,” Mr Stephenson said.
“The high calibre of this year’s finalists will see a number of groups competing for repeat success. The finalists will now go through a comprehensive judging process conducted by industry and business experts.”
The winners will be announced at a five-star business luncheon in Sydney on 7 August at Doltone House, Jones Bay Wharf. For more information or to book your ticket, visit https://www.ifaawards.com.au/.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all