Two risk advice specialists have been recognised for the work they do and have been named as finalists in the 2015 ifa Excellence Awards category 'Risk Adviser of the Year'.
Earlier this week, publisher of Risk Adviser's sister title ifa, Russell Stephenson, in conjunction with principal partner Colonial First State, announced the finalists in each category of the awards, which recognise Australia's top independent and non-aligned advice practitioners and businesses.
Among the finalists were non institutionally-aligned risk advisers Aaron Zelman of MediBroker and Adrian Loadsman of MEDIQ, with both being named in the category 'Risk Adviser of the Year'.
Mr Zelman told Risk Adviser that after the industry had been experiencing so much negativity, an award that recognises excellence in risk advice is a "fantastic development".
"The award motivates businesses such as mine to find ways of being more client-centric than the status quo would require," he said.
"My hope is that other advisers will find risk advice to be as fulfilling and rewarding as I have and that our specialty actually flourishes in the future."
Mr Stephenson congratulated all the finalists of this year's ifa Excellence Awards.
"We have had a record number of submissions for the awards, indicating the growing strength of the independent sector,” Mr Stephenson said.
“The high calibre of this year’s finalists will see a number of groups competing for repeat success. The finalists will now go through a comprehensive judging process conducted by industry and business experts.”
The winners will be announced at a five-star business luncheon in Sydney on 7 August at Doltone House, Jones Bay Wharf. For more information or to book your ticket, visit https://www.ifaawards.com.au/.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2018Suncorp Advice enters deal with MidwinterBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018ANZ dealer group boss jumps ship to Aus UnityBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018Elder abuse may stem from additional SMSF membersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 May 2018Trail commissions ban would create ‘bigger conflict’, says licenseeBy Killian Plastow
- 23 May 2018‘Shut it down’: CPA members rail against troubled advice armBy Aleks Vickovich and Jotham Lian
- 23 May 2018Labor heavyweight concedes industry fund hypocrisyBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all