Consultant and former risk adviser Russell Collins has been acknowledged in this year’s Queen’s Birthday honours list.
Mr Collins, principal of Risk Insurance Communication Skills, has received the award for his service to business and in particular the financial advice industry.
“I am extremely honoured to have received the Order of Australia Medal,” Mr Collins said.
“Financial advising has been both my life and my passion and it is wonderful to be recognised for work that I love doing and which I believe makes a significant difference to the lives of everyday Australians,” he said.
Mr Collins, who specialised in risk insurance for 40 years, qualified for the international Million Dollar Round Table in 1972 and is now a life member of the organisation's honour roll.
He is also a life member of the AFA and in 2003 he was the winner of the AFA’s inaugural Award of Merit.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2018Suncorp Advice enters deal with MidwinterBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018ANZ dealer group boss jumps ship to Aus UnityBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018Elder abuse may stem from additional SMSF membersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 May 2018Trail commissions ban would create ‘bigger conflict’, says licenseeBy Killian Plastow
- 23 May 2018‘Shut it down’: CPA members rail against troubled advice armBy Aleks Vickovich and Jotham Lian
- 23 May 2018Labor heavyweight concedes industry fund hypocrisyBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all