Consultant and former risk adviser Russell Collins has been acknowledged in this year’s Queen’s Birthday honours list.
Mr Collins, principal of Risk Insurance Communication Skills, has received the award for his service to business and in particular the financial advice industry.
“I am extremely honoured to have received the Order of Australia Medal,” Mr Collins said.
“Financial advising has been both my life and my passion and it is wonderful to be recognised for work that I love doing and which I believe makes a significant difference to the lives of everyday Australians,” he said.
Mr Collins, who specialised in risk insurance for 40 years, qualified for the international Million Dollar Round Table in 1972 and is now a life member of the organisation's honour roll.
He is also a life member of the AFA and in 2003 he was the winner of the AFA’s inaugural Award of Merit.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018McMaster: Where was ASIC on Beacon, CBA and AMP?By James Mitchell
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Sep 2018Raiz addresses Millennial advice gap with chatbotBy Reporter
- 18 Sep 2018FASEA a ‘disaster’ destroying the industry: AIOFPBy James Mitchell
- view all