Consultant and former risk adviser Russell Collins has been acknowledged in this year’s Queen’s Birthday honours list.
Mr Collins, principal of Risk Insurance Communication Skills, has received the award for his service to business and in particular the financial advice industry.
“I am extremely honoured to have received the Order of Australia Medal,” Mr Collins said.
“Financial advising has been both my life and my passion and it is wonderful to be recognised for work that I love doing and which I believe makes a significant difference to the lives of everyday Australians,” he said.
Mr Collins, who specialised in risk insurance for 40 years, qualified for the international Million Dollar Round Table in 1972 and is now a life member of the organisation's honour roll.
He is also a life member of the AFA and in 2003 he was the winner of the AFA’s inaugural Award of Merit.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- view all