TAL has built an online, interactive, claims-paid statistics tool that allows advisers to demonstrate to their clients the need for financial protection.
In a statement issued by the life insurer, TAL general manager of retail distribution Niall McConville said the tool, named Reality Checker, enables advisers to enter clients' demographic data and calculate a range of “relevant facts, figures, and infographics”, based on retail claims paid by the company.
“Advisers have been asking for something they can use to engage with their clients on the benefits of financial protection beyond the usual brochure or handout,” Mr McConville said.
“So we developed the TAL Reality Checker which can create customised data and information for the client for a face to face setting and which can also be shared digitally or in hard copy.
“It also includes 12 new customer case studies, based on actual TAL claim stories, that can help advisers address their clients' need for insurance,” he said.
The release of the claims tool follows the recent announcement of TAL paying close to $1 billion in claims throughout 2014, TAL said.
“Basically, what we are doing is helping advisers give their clients a reality check with our new interactive claims tool,” Mr McConville said.
“Our aim is to provide advisers with better advice tools that support the effective engagement of both existing and prospective clients.
“It uses TAL claim statistics and other information in a visually appealing way to help promote and demonstrate the practical need for insurance, all customised to the client’s own situation. Ultimately we are aiming to help advisers provide even better advice solutions to their clients.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all