The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has appointed two new members to its board of directors, including a Commonwealth Bank executive.
In a statement issued last week, the council said CommInsure managing director Helen Troup and RAA Insurance chief executive David Russell have been appointed to the ICA board of directors.
ICA chairman and president Andy Cornish welcomed Ms Troup and Mr Russell to the board.
“David Russell and Helen Troup are highly regarded and experienced in the industry, and we look forward to their contributions to board discussions and deliberations,” Mr Cornish said.
“With the industry facing many challenges, including five declared weather catastrophes in 2015, it’s important for the ICA board to have recourse to the valued skills and perspectives of its directors."
The appointment of Mr Russell and Ms Troup takes the total number of board members to 12.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all