The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has appointed two new members to its board of directors, including a Commonwealth Bank executive.
In a statement issued last week, the council said CommInsure managing director Helen Troup and RAA Insurance chief executive David Russell have been appointed to the ICA board of directors.
ICA chairman and president Andy Cornish welcomed Ms Troup and Mr Russell to the board.
“David Russell and Helen Troup are highly regarded and experienced in the industry, and we look forward to their contributions to board discussions and deliberations,” Mr Cornish said.
“With the industry facing many challenges, including five declared weather catastrophes in 2015, it’s important for the ICA board to have recourse to the valued skills and perspectives of its directors."
The appointment of Mr Russell and Ms Troup takes the total number of board members to 12.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- view all