The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has appointed two new members to its board of directors, including a Commonwealth Bank executive.
In a statement issued last week, the council said CommInsure managing director Helen Troup and RAA Insurance chief executive David Russell have been appointed to the ICA board of directors.
ICA chairman and president Andy Cornish welcomed Ms Troup and Mr Russell to the board.
“David Russell and Helen Troup are highly regarded and experienced in the industry, and we look forward to their contributions to board discussions and deliberations,” Mr Cornish said.
“With the industry facing many challenges, including five declared weather catastrophes in 2015, it’s important for the ICA board to have recourse to the valued skills and perspectives of its directors."
The appointment of Mr Russell and Ms Troup takes the total number of board members to 12.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2018Government releases 2018 financial literacy strategyBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2018Product design laws could ‘undermine’ FOFABy Tim Stewart
- 20 Aug 2018Carve-outs must be addressed before commissions: AIOFPBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Professional year an opportunity for exiting advisersBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018IOOF creates new executive advice roleBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018RBA attacks ‘sales’ culture within financial servicesBy Reporter
- view all