The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has appointed two new members to its board of directors, including a Commonwealth Bank executive.
In a statement issued last week, the council said CommInsure managing director Helen Troup and RAA Insurance chief executive David Russell have been appointed to the ICA board of directors.
ICA chairman and president Andy Cornish welcomed Ms Troup and Mr Russell to the board.
“David Russell and Helen Troup are highly regarded and experienced in the industry, and we look forward to their contributions to board discussions and deliberations,” Mr Cornish said.
“With the industry facing many challenges, including five declared weather catastrophes in 2015, it’s important for the ICA board to have recourse to the valued skills and perspectives of its directors."
The appointment of Mr Russell and Ms Troup takes the total number of board members to 12.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all