The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has appointed two new members to its board of directors, including a Commonwealth Bank executive.
In a statement issued last week, the council said CommInsure managing director Helen Troup and RAA Insurance chief executive David Russell have been appointed to the ICA board of directors.
ICA chairman and president Andy Cornish welcomed Ms Troup and Mr Russell to the board.
“David Russell and Helen Troup are highly regarded and experienced in the industry, and we look forward to their contributions to board discussions and deliberations,” Mr Cornish said.
“With the industry facing many challenges, including five declared weather catastrophes in 2015, it’s important for the ICA board to have recourse to the valued skills and perspectives of its directors."
The appointment of Mr Russell and Ms Troup takes the total number of board members to 12.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Oct 2018Queensland man charged over 'false' AFSL documentsBy Reporter
- 24 Oct 2018Accountants compromised by FASEA standardsBy Jotham Lian
- 24 Oct 2018Robo-advice register aims to bridge client service gapBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Oct 2018Platform provider remains ahead of the packBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Oct 2018Wentworth loss opens Coalition to FASEA changesBy James Mitchell
- 22 Oct 2018ASIC reveals findings of CBA enforceable undertakingBy Adrian Flores
- view all