Former AFA president Michael Nowak has been congratulated and thanked by the Million Dollar Round Table association for services to the advice community.
In a communication to members, seen by ifa, the MDRT Oceania chapter paid homage to Mr Nowak, a principal of Joe Nowak Financial Services in Brisbane and 10-year MDRT member, for his contribution as AFA national president.
“At a time when Australian advisers faced both uncertainty and change with the implementation of FOFA, the AFA worked incredibly hard to both represent and protect advisers' interests,” the communication said.
“For Michael taking on the role of president, especially at this time, meant he committed much of his personal and business time to representing, lobbying for and working with advisers.”
The message extended both thanks and congratulations to Mr Nowak for completing his tenure as national president.
Former AFA Inspire chair Deborah Kent was appointed AFA national president in October 2014.
The comments come as AMP-aligned adviser Ross Vanderwolf has been announced as a future global president of the MDRT.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all