Former AFA president Michael Nowak has been congratulated and thanked by the Million Dollar Round Table association for services to the advice community.
In a communication to members, seen by ifa, the MDRT Oceania chapter paid homage to Mr Nowak, a principal of Joe Nowak Financial Services in Brisbane and 10-year MDRT member, for his contribution as AFA national president.
“At a time when Australian advisers faced both uncertainty and change with the implementation of FOFA, the AFA worked incredibly hard to both represent and protect advisers' interests,” the communication said.
“For Michael taking on the role of president, especially at this time, meant he committed much of his personal and business time to representing, lobbying for and working with advisers.”
The message extended both thanks and congratulations to Mr Nowak for completing his tenure as national president.
Former AFA Inspire chair Deborah Kent was appointed AFA national president in October 2014.
The comments come as AMP-aligned adviser Ross Vanderwolf has been announced as a future global president of the MDRT.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Sep 2018McMaster: Where was ASIC on Beacon, CBA and AMP?By James Mitchell
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Sep 2018Raiz addresses Millennial advice gap with chatbotBy Reporter
- 18 Sep 2018FASEA a ‘disaster’ destroying the industry: AIOFPBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Advisers granted statutory declaration rightsBy Adrian Flores
- view all