Former AFA president Michael Nowak has been congratulated and thanked by the Million Dollar Round Table association for services to the advice community.
In a communication to members, seen by ifa, the MDRT Oceania chapter paid homage to Mr Nowak, a principal of Joe Nowak Financial Services in Brisbane and 10-year MDRT member, for his contribution as AFA national president.
“At a time when Australian advisers faced both uncertainty and change with the implementation of FOFA, the AFA worked incredibly hard to both represent and protect advisers' interests,” the communication said.
“For Michael taking on the role of president, especially at this time, meant he committed much of his personal and business time to representing, lobbying for and working with advisers.”
The message extended both thanks and congratulations to Mr Nowak for completing his tenure as national president.
Former AFA Inspire chair Deborah Kent was appointed AFA national president in October 2014.
The comments come as AMP-aligned adviser Ross Vanderwolf has been announced as a future global president of the MDRT.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 26 Apr 2018FPA, AFA business models grilledBy Aleks Vickovich
- 26 Apr 2018IOOF quells ANZ acquisition concernsBy Tim Stewart
- 26 Apr 2018Henderson faces royal commission fireBy Killian Plastow
- 26 Apr 2018FSC members may have breached ethics codeBy Aleks Vickovich
- 24 Apr 2018NAB loses appetite to authorise advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 24 Apr 2018NAB exec confirms advice sale on the cardsBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all