Find out how understanding depreciation can help
As a Property Manager you’re generally responsible for successfully managing one of the largest investments made for thousands of Australian property investors.
Being a successful Property Manager means that you need to balance the needs of both the tenant and landlord, both of whom can have conflicting views and make your work challenging.
Through using your depreciation knowledge, you can help maintain the bridge between tenant and investor and ensure this is a successful, ongoing relationship.
Two of the ways that understanding the benefits of depreciation can help you include:
- On behalf of your tenant: Use the BMT Resi Rates app to help build your case for a dishwasher installation in a property.
- On behalf of your landlord: Saving your landlords money through advising them to have a depreciation schedule completed on their property
Understanding the real value of depreciation is an asset to a Property Manager and can set you apart from the competition.
We’ve created the following training style video to provide some ideas on how you can introduce and discuss depreciation with your clients below.
For more information on the other complimentary tools and resources we can provide please visit our Tools for you.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all